Nursery and J.K./S.K. Program
Zoe’s TYCC is offering an alternative to the Separate and Public School Board. The optional Kindergarten Program in our centre’s curriculum incorporates all the components of the Ontario Ministry of Education Kindergarten curriculum. Therefore, from an academic perspective, your child will be fully prepared for entry to the school system at the Grade 1 level.
The nursery program will run on a school calendar, September to June. Like the full day J.K. and S.K. program there will be two progress reports with parent meetings to follow through on your child’s program.
Childcare offers a seamless day for your child and a worry free day for you. Your child will receive:
- Low staff/child ratios
- Trained Early Childhood Education professionals trained in child development, child psychology, curriculum and planning, and other areas in training required for completion of an ECE.
- Hot lunches, snacks
- Opportunity for rest
- Opportunity to take the time needed to learn the valuable skills for grade 1 and onwards, requires opportunity to enquire and research into topics of their interest.
- Interactions with staff whom complete the Ministry of Education’s Kindergarten Checklist in June each year, and share information on each child’s progress throughout the year with parents.
- Developmental checklists
- Phonics and other enriched language individual programs.
- Immediate access to developmental resources offered through the York Region, Ministry of Community and Social Services, and other Early Childhood organizations.
- A caring, nurturing environment where staff, children, and parents build an on going relationship of open communication and accountability.